Sunday, April 29, 2012

Dream which came true...

After the big news for us, it was time to pass on the same to our families. I was so confused and felt so unprepared on how to unfold it to everyone. Also we wanted to wait till the confirmation with doctor before we tell anyone. It was not that difficult to wait as we had already plans of flying over to Milan for a long weekend.


We were hoping for some nice shopping time and good Italian food, well the trip didn't turn out exactly what we expected, atleast for me. The morning sickness / nausea suddenly kicked in making me feeling sick almost all the time while there. All i wanted to do was to sleep as i felt tired and exhausted.

I couldn't eat anything as suddenly i developed aversion towards tomato and cheese, and if you know Italian cooking it is difficult not to have them especially with me being vegetarian.
We did manage some shopping and walking around the street. And i enjoyed Italian ice-cream, so yummy!
But you know somehow you start relating things with the state of mind you were in at that particular moment, so till today all the dresses i wore while i was there just glimpse of them reminds me of nausea and how awful i felt. I haven't been able to wore any of those again (well, they don't fit me also anymore but still). 

By the way this is what we found while walking on the streets of Milan. Aaahn romantic Italians ! ;o)


Anyway we flew back, went to doctor, and got the confirmation but i was still confused as it was still based on the same pregnancy test i did back home. In India things work differently, it is common to have an ultrasound done on your first visit but here they didn't check anything, wishes us congratulations and passed on midwife references to select one from.

I made an appointment with midwife, and they don't give you appointment until you are 8 weeks along, so I was a bit more confused. How do I tell everyone without a proper check-up and confirmation!
First appointment came, and again nothing. As first appointment is suppose to be counseling one and then they don't check or do ultrasound. They wait until week 11-12 for the first ultrasound.
Now i was losing patience and we decided to start telling people around us anyway, if not all atleast we have to start with our families.

I decided to inform them by writing them.
I wrote letters to my parents, parents-in-laws, my brother, sister, and Ashu's brother.

Write up varied but basically it went with similar concept.
First page said “They said always be positive and you know what we got positive today?"
Then inside i stick a picture of positive pregnancy test result and it read, "Yes got it right, Congratulations to be grand parents!”

The one i wrote to my sister was different than those. She was getting married in January and teased me just a few weeks back that it will be so nice if you plan family now then when you come to wedding we have your shower function as well and i laughed it out saying it is too late for that to plan.
So she got the first ever letter from little one. I don't remember exact wording but it went something like this...

Page 1 Front:
"Hi,

I heard you are getting married in January, and you expressed a wish for me also to be present there.
Well I heard you and just wanted to know that I will be there to attend your wedding"

Page 2 Inside:

"Congratulations Masi" (Masi = maternal aunt)

I sent both letters for my brother and sister together and i asked him to video shoot her reaction when she reads it and to send me. Well he did what i asked. At first she read the first page and gave a confused look on what it is? And then as she read inside she just laughed and laughed for full 5 mins, before uttering a word. I do still have that video and i crack up every time i watch it!

3 comments:

~ Lopa said...

Because all my friends have been commenting everywhere but not here, i am copy pasting so that i have a log of it along my memory lane.

Leticia
Wow!!! Congratulations, Lopa! The 2nd trimester is not so bad... :). Enjoy your pregnancy! All the best for you and your baby !


Sudhakar
First time I have gone through your blog. You are excellent writer. I read your articles from college days to present. Keep it up. Regards, Sudhakar

Niyanta
Massive Congratutaions to Both of you. TC

Minal Pandit I liked the idea to inform near ones in writing and sply. record ur ( reader's) expression when they know the news. :))
Minal Pandit Love that Italian sign post.... So creative and damn lovely!

Unknown said...

I wish to be there with you so much...
I wish I can come soon...

Elizabeth said...

Hello,

I really enjoyed reading your blogs today. You have a really awesome style and I love that you have so many blogs exploring different aspects of yourself ( I especially love the art! I am an artist myself and really like your paintings!!).

Anyways, I just wanted to let you know that Samsung is looking for an awesome blogger to send to the London 2012 Olympics, and to report on the Games in your own unique style. It's an all-expenses-paid trip! I think you'd be a great candidate.

In addition to the Grand Prize, you can win the $5,000 top prize for Best Blogger and other cash prizes for the Netherlands.

Act quickly - the contest closes on May 2.

Check the contest out:

- visit Zooppa.com/GlobalBlogger
- upload your 30-second audition video in English
- make sure to include your country in the description

We look forward to seeing your video!

Let me know if you have any questions. Thanks!

-Elizabeth
ZOOPPA Staff

Post a Comment

Thanks for dropping by at my blog. Please leave me your thoughts to ponder upon !

 

Life as it goes on... | Desenvolvido por EMPORIUM DIGITAL